Privacy & Cookie Statement
Last updated 11th August 2017
Lewis Investment (Lewis’) is committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that it is used fairly and responsibly. This policy, which only applies to this website, explains what information we collect about you when you visit our website and how it will be used. This policy should be read with the Terms & Conditions of the Lewis Website.
Data Protection Act
Lewis & Co (investments & Pensions) Limited, trading as Lewis Investment, is a registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998; registration number Z6529406. Our registration can be found via the Information Commissioner’s website.
You have the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you. We reserve the right to request proof of identity and to charge an administration fee of £10 per request for providing this information.
You can make a request to us at any time in writing or by email, details below.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we use your information
We will use your information for the administration and servicing of your investments and other related activities. We will record website usage information which is collected using cookies (see below section on cookies).
Should you decide to become a client we will collect and process the following data:
- Information you provide to us to enable us to make appropriate investment recommendations (this may include personal information concerning your family members, if provided to us); and/or
- Where you are a corporate customer, details about your staff (including, where applicable, their family members), and may include information obtained from third parties; and/or
- Where you are a trustee of a trust, the details of all trustees and other beneficial owners, settlors and protectors as we deem appropriate.
- Where you are provided with access to the Lewis Client Portal personal data, including your name, address, date of birth and national insurance number will be held on the portal. Non-personal data held on the portal includes your assets, your income and expenditure details and your portfolio details, including investments and plans.
- You can remove your data from the Lewis Client Portal service at any time, although portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your account information, may remain on our servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media.
We may disclose your information to future owners of our business or where we are required by law to do so
Except for the above provisions, we will not pass your details to any other third party without your express permission.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent by a web server to an internet user’s computer when the user accesses the website. There are basically two types of cookie, session and persistent.
Session cookies are used to maintain the state of the connection between the web server and the user’s computer, so that once a user is logged in they can move between the web pages on the same website without having to keep logging in. These are deleted at the end of the browsing session.
Persistent cookies are stored on the hard disk of the internet user's computer, unless the user has configured the web browser not to accept cookies. Persistent cookies can be used for authenticating users and maintaining specific information about users, such as site preferences, and to provide the website owner with information about how users use their site.
Third party cookies are where another website domain specifies a cookie and places it on your computer for the website you are viewing.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Please note that disabling all cookies may prevent you from accessing some websites.
Contact and Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to contact us by email but advise users using such form to email us that they do so at their own risk.
We use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services we offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights regarding receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.